As a member of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Alloga takes corporate responsibility seriously, setting the pace on some of the most important issues of our day, from healthcare and climate change to diversity and inclusion.
As a company we have the moral imperative to be a good corporate citizen and give back to our communities. Our clients demand that our services meet the best quality standards. Our employees want to work for a company that does the right thing, cares about their wellbeing, and has a robust approach to logistics safety. Society expects us to work with responsible, diverse suppliers and show progress in reducing our environmental impact.
In order to be a catalyst for change, we focus on initiatives that generate excitement and engagement among our clients and our employees.
We support health and wellbeing in the communities where we operate through a range of initiatives, from disaster relief support to fundraisers for health-related organisations that are fighting cancer.
Our corporate responsibility strategy is built around healthcare and focuses on 12 goals within four main areas:
We strive to be a responsible neighbour in the communities we serve around the world. We are taking actions to:
- Support the health, wellbeing and vitality of the communities we serve
- Enable young people to achieve their potential wherever they are in the world
- Develop and mobilise our resources and partnerships in the fight against cancer
We are determined to protect the environment and do our part to ensure it flourishes for future generations. We understand our potential positive impact and are taking actions to:
- Reduce our energy consumption and emissions on a comparable basis* as defined by the Greenhouse Gas Protocol
- Reduce the waste we create on a comparable basis* and contribute to increasingly circular economies through increased re-use and recycling
- Develop plans to help achieve zero net deforestation by 2020, collaborating with other organisations in a global initiative
*Excludes the impact of acquisitions, disposals and any significant changes in existing operations
We aim to do business fairly and with integrity and are taking actions to:
- Create a global process that enables transparency of ingredients and their traceability for the exclusive consumer retail product brands that we sell
- Continue to drive ethical sourcing practices across our supply chain, protecting human rights, supporting diverse suppliers and engaging with suppliers around environmental issues
- Work collaboratively with a global network of key external organisations engaging in issues that carry the greatest social relevance to the markets and in the communities we serve
We strive to treat our people with dignity and respect and are taking actions to:
- Proactively support the personal health and wellbeing of our employees
- Deliver on our commitment to equal opportunities for everyone across our employment practices, policies and procedures
- Continuously improve our robust approach to health and safety in logistics, actively caring for our employees and customers